Worksheet #32: Story Success Plan
From a spring workshop a few years ago, here are some questions to rev your interest in a new project.
- What do you want to write about? (concept)
- Why do you want to write this story or about this topic? (author platform)
- Who do you think will want to read this story? (audience)
- What do you need to do before you begin writing? (research, planning, outlining)
- Are you writing this story now? If now, what’s stopping you? (obstacles)
- What do you need to do to complete the project? (goals)
- When do you plan to complete the project? (deadline)
- When completed, where do you plan to submit the story? (publication plan?)
Please note: All worksheets posted are my original work and intellectual property. I ask that you share the links on social media, and you are welcome to share the worksheets with your critique groups and writing friends with credit given. That being said, these worksheets—despite being posted on the Internet—may not be copied, distributed, or published as anyone’s work but mine. In short: sharing is good, plagiarism is bad.
Disclaimer #2: You may post your completed worksheet if you’d like, but please remember that, by doing so, you are sharing your ideas with all of the Internet. You’ve been warned.